OUR PURPOSE IS SIMPLE
"Provide the workers at our Sydney factory with a safe, clean & enjoyable working environment, pay them a fair wage, supply them with our high quality Australian made fabric, knitted from certified organic cotton and our t-shirts will be the best in the world."
Nick Barclay & Andrew Quinn,
When we first started, Australia had no organic cotton farmers, so we set about sourcing the best quality organic cotton t-shirts in the world.
Nick had worked with Patagonia for a couple of years in the US and was immediately hooked by the quality of their garments and the truth that they sold.
Patagonia had played a major role in pioneering organic cotton when in 1996 they agreed to only source organic cotton for their established sportswear brand. They established a separate division, Beneficial Ts, to help educate consumers and worked hand in hand with organic cotton farmers to build the industry.
In 2004 we placed our first order with Beneficial Ts and became their official Australian distributor.
We focused on building an Australian retail network and started working with several prominent Australian business’s for their wholesale t-shirt screenprinting needs. We took our message and the OCA stall on the road around Australia to farmers markets, tradeshows and expo’s enabling Australian’s the choice for quality organic cotton garments.
It was in 2005 that we met with our first Australian organic cotton farmer.
We purchased a stockpile of his certified Australian grown organic cotton and developed and launched ‘Certton’ our own brand of Australian made premium quality organic cotton t-shirts.
The whole growing & manufacturing process being completed from field to finished garment in Australia as members of the Australian Made Campaign.
Today we source certified organic cotton yarn from India & Turkey when we can't get Australian grown certified organic and continue to make all our t-shirts & fabrics in Australia at our sweatshop free factory in Sydney.
This is just a little bit about us we look forward to learning a little bit about you...
Certton featured in RagTrader Magazine.
2011 - basically the same as 2010 so far
2010 - a lot, will update when we get a second.
- Certton range extends beyond Men's & Women's garments to include organic garments for Baby, Infants and Kids.
- OCC Apparel t-shirt customers include:
Vitasoy, Sea Shepherd, Vogels, Brisbane City Council.
- Certton fabric colour range extends to encompass over 26 colours.
- OCC Apparel partners with Charles Parsons to build upon the existing range of Certton organic fabrics.
- OCC Apparel t-shirt customers include:
Bluesfest, City of Sydney, Wegener Surf, Australian Made Campaign, Australian Conservation Foundation, Australian Rainforest Foundation, Deutsche Bank, Perfect Potion, Green Building Council, Green Pages Australia, Origin by Estee Lauder.
- OCC Apparel sweatshop free t-shirt factory and warehouse opened in Artarmon, Sydney.
- Certton fabric colour range extends to 10 colours and 6 different weights.
- OCC Apparel fabric customers include:
Ksubi, Huggalugs, Fragile
- OCA updated website and online store launched.
- Wholesale OCC Apparel t-shirt accounts include:
The Big Issue, Peats Ridge Festival, ANU, Mont Adventure, CSIRO.
- 'Certton' t-shirt style & colour range continues to expand.'
- OCC Apparel showroom opens in Currumbin, Queensland.
- International sales include New Zealand & Singapore
- Membership of the ‘Australian Made Campaign’
- ‘Certton’ Australian organic cotton fabric offered wholesale by the roll.
- OCA storage warehouse opened in Sydney, NSW.
- Retail Network continues to grow past 20 stores.
- Initial wholesale accounts include:
Greenpeace, Surfrider Foundation, Leave No Trace
- OCA Stall at the IFOAM World Organic Congress—Adelaide, Australia.
- Private label, custom manufacturing service offered.
- ‘Certton’ Our own Australian Made organic cotton range is released
- OCA Stall at the ‘Organic Expo’ Sydney, Australia
- OCA Stall at the Brisbane Organic Growers Fair (BOGI)
- DIJIGURU MEDIA launched our first website http://www.ocadvantage.com.au/
- Official Australian distributor for Beneficial Ts by Patagonia.
- Organic Cotton Advantage, established in Currumbin, QLD, Australia.
- Australia producing no organic cotton.